Two victims of a fire incident inside the UBA bank, located across from the major market at Ejison Plaza in Onitsha, were rescued by Anambra State Police officers.
This was stated in a news release issued by the Anambra State Police Command under the signature of DSP Ikenga Tochukwu.
He stated: “According to preliminary information, the bank’s generator inside heated up and caused the fire event. Customers fled for safety as a result, and some of the windows and doors were shattered in the process.
After extinguishing the fire, the situation is being watched. We must communicate more information, please.